Wysong uretic cat food is an excellent diet for metabolic and renal disorders. Uretic is a type of protein that has been proved to be one of the best ways to manage chronic kidney disease (CKD) in cats.
Wysong uretic cat food uses a special biotechnological process called “calculated eating” that guarantees optimum absorption and utilization of nutritional components and metered energy intake according to the animal’s needs.
Wysong is made in the USA and manufactured by Wysong Corporation. The first product of Wysong was introduced back in 1978, a diet that contained fresh fruits and vegetables which were naturally preserved. Since then, this company has pioneered many new products to feed your pets with the best ingredients available.
Wysong dry foods are produced from human-grade raw ingredients and feature recipes formulated to precisely meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
Wysong products are fresh and manufactured in an Ohio state-of-the-art facility, free from the common euthanizing agents of euthanasia drugs and chemical preservatives.
Table of Contents
What Is Wysong Uretic Cat Food?
Wysong uretic is a Wysong dry feline diet packed with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to help your cat’s optimal health.
Wysong uretic cat food is produced using only the freshest ingredients to ensure their natural and full nutritional value by providing essential proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
Wysong’s protein sources are 100% pasture-fed beef or cage-free eggs/chicken, naturally preserved.
This particular dry cat food formula is said to promote the urinary tract health of your feline friend by providing a unique blend of concentrated cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and garlic.
Wysong Uretic Cat Food
Wysong uretic canned cat food offers a complete and balanced diet that helps support bladder and urinary tract health and helps nourish your healthy feline friend.
Wysong uretic is formulated with added cranberries that have been carefully chosen because they are rich in vitamin C and E antioxidants.
Wysong Uretic – Dry Natural Food for Cats
Pumpkin seeds provide antioxidant support, while garlic, parsley, and brown rice help promote bladder health.
Wysong uretic cat food can be fed as an alternative to a prescription diet formula or as an addition to your feline friend’s regular diet.
Wysong uretic dry cat food is produced in a state-of-the-art facility free from the common euthanizing agents of euthanasia drugs and chemical preservatives.
Best 8 Wysong Uretic Cat Food Features And Benefits
1. Wysong uretic canned cat food is made from human-grade ingredients free from the common euthanizing agents of euthanasia drugs and chemical preservatives.
2. Wysong uretic dry cat food helps support your healthy cat’s urinary tract health by providing essential proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
3. Wysong’s protein sources are 100% pasture-fed beef or cage-free eggs/chicken naturally preserved.
Wysong Uretic – Dry Natural Food for Cats
4. Wysong uretic cat food promotes your feline friend’s bladder and urinary tract health by providing a unique blend of concentrated cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and garlic.
5. Wysong uretic dry cat food is produced in the USA. Unlike overseas pet food manufacturers, Wysong has complete control over all raw materials used in manufacturing, resulting in a higher quality product.
6. Wysong uretic cat food can be fed as an alternative to a prescription diet formula or as an addition to your feline friend’s regular diet.
7. Wysong uretic dry cat food is AAFCO approved.
8. Wysong uretic dry cat food features a high protein and fat content ideal for companion animals with urinary tract issues.
Wysong uretic cat food was introduced back in 1978. This formula is packed with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to help aid in your cat’s optimal health.
Wysong Uretic Cat Food Ingredients
Chicken Meal, Brewers Rice, Cranberries, Pumpkin Seed, Menhaden Fish Meal, Garlic, Distilled Vinegar, Flaxseed, Salt, Carrots, Natural Mixed Toppings (Dried Blueberries and Dried Cranberries), Blackstrap Molasses, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Papain (an enzyme), Yucca Schidigera Extract, Citric Acid.
Wysong Uretic With Organic Chicken Feline Diet Canned Cat Food
Dried Kelp, Natural Flavor, Fish Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Salt, DL-Methionine, Potassium Chloride, DL-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Yeast Extract, Parsley Seed.
Analysis Of First 5 Ingredients Of Wysong Uretic Formula
• Chicken Meal (natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin) is an excellent source of protein, amino acids, fat, and essential vitamins.
Homemade diets often include a chicken meal. It also contains essential fatty acids, high in linoleic acid that aids in maintaining skin and coat health as well as aiding in skin cell regeneration.
• Brewers Rice (a great carbohydrate source) – brewer’s rice is an excellent source of essential nutrients. It is a good source of digestible Proteins, carbohydrates, B1, B2, B6, and minerals such as silicon and phosphorus.
• Cranberries – cranberries are rich in the antioxidants vitamin C and E. Studies have shown that vitamin C supports bladder health by reducing the generation of urinary crystals that can form in the urine. Cranberries are also an excellent source of potassium and manganese.
• Pumpkin Seed – Pumpkin seeds are said to provide antioxidant support.
• Menhaden Fish Meal (source of omega 3 fatty acids) – menhaden fish meal provides a highly digestible and excellent source of protein and is an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids.
|Crude protein (min)||25%|
|Crude fat (min)||18%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||10%|
Cost: $20 per 16 ounce canister/2.2 pounds
Price/Value: 10 out of 10 points. Pricing at $20 per 8 ounces canister, this cat food is less expensive than most premium dry foods on the market today.
Wysong uretic dry cat food can be fed as a supplement to your cat’s regular diet or a prescription diet formula for urinary health.
Daily Feeding Guide
The daily feeding amounts in the chart below are ideal for a healthy adult cat weighing approximately 6-9 pounds.
Adjust this feeding amount based on your cat’s age, weight, and activity level. Use these feeding suggestions as a guideline only. Feeding amounts may vary based on your individual cat’s needs.
• Kitten: 1/2 cup daily
• Adult: 1 cup daily
• Senior: 1/2 cup daily
Kittens, adults, and seniors can all be fed the formula as a supplemental feeding to your cat’s normal diet. If your cat is on a special diet for medical reasons, consult your veterinarian before supplementing with Wysong uretic dry cat food.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of The Wysong Uretic Dry Cat Formula?
• The canned version of Wysong uretic cat food is convenient to make and easy to feed. Just open the can and add it to your cat’s daily diet. It is also an excellent choice for people with cats on prescription diets or who have cats with urinary tract health issues.
• There are no reported issues with this food causing stomach issues, food allergies, or digestive problems.
• The ingredients in Wysong uretic dry cat food are natural and well-rounded to provide your cat with a complete nutrition profile.
• It is more affordable than many premium brands of cat foods on the market today.
• There is a limited ingredient list for those that prefer feeding their cats, only those foods that do not contain any additives, preservatives, or colorings.
Some of these ingredients are not considered controversial and can be found in other dry cat foods; however, it would be nice to see exactly what is included in this formula.
Some cats may not like the taste of Wysong uretic cat food when first offered the formula. It is best to introduce this food by dispensing a small amount into a bowl and allowing your cat to eat on his own time.
You can try mixing it with a few kibbles from your current premium brand of dry cat food. If your cat does not eat Wysong uretic cat food mixed with a regular dry cat food brand, you should try mixing it with some other ingredients in this formula.
As a supplement to your cat’s normal diet, the dry kitten and adult recipes in the Wysong Uretic Adult Cat Formula contain 30% protein by weight, and the canned formula contains 35%. This nutrition profile is higher than most premium brands of dry cat foods on the market today.
Is Wysong Epigen Good For Cats?
Wysong uretic dry cat food is designed to promote urinary health, but the ingredients in this formula may also benefit your cat’s overall health.
The amount of calcium in this formula has been raised to provide adequate dietary calcium for healthy bones and teeth.
Is Wysong Vegan Cat Food Safe?
The canned version of this cat food contains fish. Although it is not considered a vegan cat food, Wysong uretic is considered a vegetarian cat food formula.
If you are concerned with the amount of fish in the canned formula, switching your cat to the dry formula will provide you with peace of mind that there are no animal ingredients in this product.
Wysong cat food is an excellent choice for cats with urinary tract health concerns or for those who want to feed a cat a vegetarian formula. The ingredients in this formula are natural, balanced, and well-rounded in their content.
The high amount of protein in this product may prove beneficial for overweight cats with metabolic bone disease and dental disease.
If you have any concerns about the ingredients in Wysong uretic dry cat food, please consult your vet before beginning a diet of this product.
Hi there! My name is Jackson; I am a cat lover. I specialize in writing about pet care & food. I have a wealth of knowledge on cat food niches and related subjects. I have worked in the pet industry for over 5 years and am passionate about helping cat owners provide the best care for their furry friends. With knowledge of cat food and nutrition, I aim to share their insights and help cat owners navigate the world of cat food niches. I enjoy playing with my two cats, reading, and exploring new cat food brands in my free time.