Wild harvest cat food is a ‘premium’ cat food, made from all-natural ingredients, with no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors, and with no grains in their food products for cats or dogs (only potatoes and sweet potatoes are used as carbohydrates).
It is made by the company Iams, based in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. They also make cat food (made with natural ingredients but still contains grains) and dog food (made from all-natural ingredients).
- 1 The Benefits Of Wild Harvest Cat Food
- 2 Features
- 3 Nutritional Info (All Life Stages)
- 4 How To Start Feeding Your Cats Wild Harvest
- 5 Food Safety & Feeding Your Felines Wild Harvest
- 6 The Truth Behind The Controversy Over Wild Harvest Cat Food
- 7 Is Wild Harvest Good For Cats?
- 8 Who Makes Wild Harvest Cat Food?
- 9 Who Owns Wild Harvest?
- 10 How Much Wild Harvest Cat Food Costs?
- 11 Is Wild Harvest Really Organic?
- 12 Is Wild Harvest Non-GMO?
- 13 Is Wild Harvest Organic?
- 14 Can Cats Eat Wild Harvest Cat Food?
- 15 Why Doesn’t Wild Harvest Contain By-Products?
- 16 Conclusion To Wild Harvest Cat Food
The Benefits Of Wild Harvest Cat Food
- It’s natural, healthy, non-processed, and made without salt (as there are no ingredients), artificial preservatives, colors or flavors, grains, or by-products.
- It contains high levels of protein and Omega 3 fatty acids, which are important for preventing skin problems (grease is a skin dryer).
- It contains none of the harmful ingredients that other, more common foods contain, such as; grains (which many people think of as unhealthy), corn (which is often genetically modified), wheat (which is also often genetically modified and which can cause gluten intolerance), high-fructose corn syrup (a deadly sweetener, which many people have a sensitivity to), food coloring or artificial preservatives or flavors.
- It is one of the only organic foods for cats and dogs.
- It’s made with quality ingredients by a trustworthy brand.
- It contains no flavors, colors, or preservatives.
- It’s naturally preserved (with Vitamin E).
- It doesn’t contain any animal products (including fish).
- It’s formulated with high protein and oils, which are good for preventing hairballs in cats.
1. It is made in the USA, from all-natural ingredients from other countries.
2. It’s 98% organic (which is why many people choose to feed their cats this food), despite being more expensive than other cat food brands.
3. It’s made without using any un-organic fertilizer (which often contains GMOs).
Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Pate Wet Cat Food
4. It contains no wheat or corn, which is why it’s great for cats that are allergic to these ingredients.
5. It’s made to meet all of the nutritional needs of cats.
6. It’s made with quality ingredients and foods certified as organic by the USDA.
7. It contains no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors (only natural flavors).
8. It contains no grains of any kind (only potatoes and sweet potatoes are used as carbohydrates).
Nutritional Info (All Life Stages)
|Caloric Content||1170 cals/100g serving.|
How To Start Feeding Your Cats Wild Harvest
You can purchase this food from Petco, the very large pet store chain in the U.S., or you can buy it from Amazon, 3rd party sellers, or pet stores. Otherwise, you can get it from grocery stores (i.e., Whole Foods) by looking for ‘wild harvest cat food.’
1. You need to separate your cats from other cats when eating this food. There are usually grains in the food, which can trigger allergic reactions in sensitive cats (who often react to grains).
Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Weight Control Dry Cat Food
2. The cats will have to have a little bit of this food per day to get the complete diet.
3. It’s a good idea to gradually introduce the new food (measured in ‘cans’) into your cats’ diets, over 3-4 weeks. When you are done, you will be able to put them on the remainder of their daily diet in one go.
4. Cats can be fed this food for life if you feed them the appropriate amount in their diet.
5. Remember that this food contains no toxic preservatives or artificial colors or flavors.
Food Safety & Feeding Your Felines Wild Harvest
There are no known health risks associated with feeding your cats wild harvest cat food, so it’s generally a good idea to feed your cats this food if you can afford it.
The Truth Behind The Controversy Over Wild Harvest Cat Food
This food has become so controversial over the years because people associate it with other cat food brands (like ‘fancy feast’). These other brands include ‘fancy feast’ and ‘cutesy.’
There is a reason behind the difference between this and these other cat food brands. This is because the main ingredients in these other brands are grain-based, triggering skin and coat problems.
Some of the grain-based ingredients that are often used in cat foods to prevent hairballs are wheat (which is often genetically modified and which can cause gluten intolerance), corn (which is often genetically modified), rice (which is also often genetically modified).
Is Wild Harvest Good For Cats?
Wild harvest cat food is a great food for your cats. However, it’s not a one-size-fits-all situation, as not all cats can handle the natural ingredients used in this food.
Healthy Growth Natural Kitten Dry Cat Food, Chicken & Brown Rice
Some of these ingredients (like potatoes) are harder to digest than other foods (like grains). That being said, some cats have to have gluten-free and grain-free diets.
This is why it’s important to start small with the amounts you feed your cats and build up their food intake over 4 weeks.
Who Makes Wild Harvest Cat Food?
The company that makes wild harvest cat food is Iams, based in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Their other brands are Iams and Eukanuba for dogs and Iams for cats. They make both dry and wet cat foods (mixed with water).
Who Owns Wild Harvest?
Iams owns wild harvest cat food.
How Much Wild Harvest Cat Food Costs?
The cost of this cat food is quite expensive. However, you only need to feed your cats a little bit of this food daily. As such, it’d be a good idea to purchase a larger pack (or two) of this cat food so that you can feed more than one cat at a time.
Is Wild Harvest Really Organic?
Yes, it’s 100% organic, with no artificial preservatives or artificial flavors or colors, and without grains or by-products.
Is Wild Harvest Non-GMO?
Yes, it’s made from all-natural ingredients from other countries and is not genetically modified or hybridized.
Is Wild Harvest Organic?
Yes, it is 98% organic (which is why many people choose to feed their cats this food), despite being more expensive than other cat food brands.
Can Cats Eat Wild Harvest Cat Food?
Yes, they can, as long as they get the appropriate amount in their diet. This amount depends on how many cats you are feeding and their type (the breed). It would be best to discuss this with your veterinarian or a nutritionist who knows about cats.
Why Doesn’t Wild Harvest Contain By-Products?
It doesn’t contain by-products because this food is made with high protein and oils, which are good for preventing hairballs in cats.
Conclusion To Wild Harvest Cat Food
If you can afford it, wild harvest cat food is good food for your felines. This is because it’s free from most allergens that trigger skin and coat problems in cats, like grains. It’s also made with all-natural ingredients from other countries, rather than being genetically modified or hybridized.
In addition to the above reasons, it’s also made without using any un-organic fertilizer (which often contains GMOs).
As such, even though this food is more expensive, it’s still a good choice for most people.
I hope this article has helped you understand why this cat food is so expensive, despite being the best one out there.
Remember to share it with your friends and family, who love cats as much as you do.
Thanks for reading my article about Wild Harvest Cat Food!