This is a homemade recipe for dry cat food that you can use as an alternative to raw meat. It has over 50% protein and 20% fat, which will keep your kitty strong and healthy.
The recipe is easy to prepare and does not require much effort or time. Just chop the ingredients up, mix them, add the eggs, then cook for 45 minutes before serving.
There are many ways to make cat food at home. Some people like to make their own for various reasons, believing it is healthier and cheaper than store-bought dry food.
The recipes below will give you a basic idea of how easy it can be to make your own homemade dry kitty food.
Table of Contents
How To Make Recipe For Dry Cat Food?
I will be discussing how to make a recipe for dry cat food. This all-natural recipe will give your kitty the best nutrition possible.
The ingredients are cheap and easy to find at any grocery store.
It’s important to use organic vegetables whenever possible because they contain nutrients that non-organic veggies do not have!
Dry cat food is a great way to provide your pet with the necessary nutrients without worrying about wetting their food. It’s also much easier on you and your floor! The following are instructions for making dry cat food:
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 2 Cups
- 1/3 cup of whole wheat flour,
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil,
- 1 can of tuna in water (with no olives),
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise,
- 2 eggs, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix until it forms a dough-like consistency.
- 4 lbs. ground turkey (organic, free-range)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano.
1. Combine the ground turkey and water. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
2. Remove cooked meat from the pot, strain the excess liquid into a sink with a strainer or colander, and then place it in the refrigerator to cool completely.
3. Boil water in a pot on the stove.
4. While boiling, add 2/3 cup whole wheat flour and stir until completely dissolved. Cover and cook for one minute or until it begins to thicken.
5. Add oil, tuna (ensure you drain first), mayonnaise, eggs, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Once water is boiled, add the rest of your ingredients (the meat you cooled earlier and any other seasonings you prefer for flavor) while stirring continuously to prevent burning.
7. pour the mixture into a pan greased with cooking spray or butter to make it easier to spread onto the bread once the meat and dough have cooled.
8. Allow cooling completely. Then, you can cut it into small squares to serve your pet or store it in the refrigerator until serving time. Make sure you always use clean utensils when making food for your cat to avoid contamination!
Nutrition Facts of Recipe For Dry Cat Food
- Calories: 370.2
- Carbohydrates: 24.8 grams
- Total Fat: 50.5 grams
- Protein: 26 grams
How to make dry cat food wet?
There are many different recipes for making dry cat food wet, including one method to make dry kitty food that is very popular and requires no cooking. This recipe involves simply sprinkling a little water on the dry kitty food and mixing it with a spoon.
Of all the methods listed below, this is easily the quickest, easiest, and most convenient.
It takes only a few minutes, and you don’t have dirty utensils. Your home will not get messy!
Steps to make dry cat food wet:
1. Wash your hands and all utensils, then spread the dry cat food onto the surface on which you wish to serve the food (in this case, I’m making it into a thin layer in a small baking dish).
2. Sprinkle a little water on top of the cat food until there is about a 1/4 inch layer of water over the top of the cat food.
3. Using a clean fork, mix all the ingredients to cover your dish’s surface with beef or chicken wet cat food. If you are using this recipe for kittens, I would recommend adding some milk instead of water to make it tastier!
4. Refrigerate the mixed cat food for about 10 minutes before serving to make it easier for your kitty to digest.
Serve and enjoy!
How do you make homemade cat food?
I hope that you have found the information in this post useful. Before reading further, it is strongly recommended that you read the full article, which contains a detailed list of ingredients and is useful for all cat owners making their kitty food at home.
Is a dry cat food recipe good for cats?
Yes, a dry cat food recipe is good for all cats. The fat in the food will provide your cat with a healthy amount of fat and protein to grow and support the body.
Cat owners who don’t want their cats to eat too much-wet food should feed them dry cat food instead. Dry kitty food consists mainly of meat, which provides a healthy source of proteins and fats (which are very important to cats).
How Much Dry Food to Feed Your Cat?
Learn about how much to feed your cat and portion control.
This article will help you decide the amount of dry food to feed your pet, along with other tips on portion control for cats. We’ll also go over facts that deal with the quantity of food to give your cat daily.
Greenies Cat Treats Recipe
Grain-free, nut-free cat treats for a healthy feline.
My cats love these, and they’re good to feed them as well! You should give this recipe a try if you’re looking for grain-free cat treats or homemade raw diet recipes for cats. It’s a nice addition to their dry food diet. I’m happy that they enjoy these as much as I do!
How to make Greenies Cat Treats Recipe?
- 3 cans of tuna in water (drained),
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour,
- 1 egg,
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise,
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature),
- 1/4 cup olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon of water (for dough),
- 2 cups whole wheat flour.
Ingredients for the Dough:
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature),
- 1 egg,
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour.
1. Mix tuna with mayonnaise.
2. Mix tuna mixture with 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
3. Take 1 teaspoon of water and add it to the mixture when making the dough for this recipe.
4. Add unsalted butter (room temperature) and olive oil to the dough mixture.
5. Mix well until it forms a dough-like consistency.
6. Roll the dough out on a table using a rolling pin until it’s approximately 1/8 of an inch thick. Place the greenies treats in your freezer for around 15 minutes to make them easier to cut and handle.
7. Use a pizza cutter or small sharp knife to cut the dough into the desired shapes.
8. Place greenies treat onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
9. Bake at 350 degrees in the oven for around 12-20 minutes, depending on what size you make your cat treats. Make sure to watch these, so they don’t burn and stick to the pan! When you think they look done, take one out and test it to see if it’s crunchy.
10. Cool treats on a wire rack for 20 minutes before serving your cat or placing them in a container to store (this will keep them crisp). If you don’t let these cool completely, they may melt when placed in the fridge!
This is a good recipe for homemade cat treats and could become part of your dry or canned cat food diet. Be sure to cut down on other healthy snacks that you may be giving your cats, like veggies and fruits, before feeding these treats to them daily.
Supplementing Homemade Cat Food
Learn when and how to supplement your cat’s diet.
Are there any supplements you have to give your cat with homemade cat food? Learn more about supplements that you can use in your homemade recipes for cats or dogs!
This article will help you decide what vitamins and minerals are needed for a well-balanced food. For instance, if you’re creating a recipe lacking in protein for cats, you could supplement with some canned tuna to help balance it out.
Suppose you’re wondering if your cat is getting all the vitamins and minerals they need while eating homemade cat food. After reading this, you’ll have a better idea of what types of food additives and vitamins you should and shouldn’t add to cat food recipes.
Some supplements are good for your cats as part of their diet, but too much or too little can cause negative side effects. For example, giving them too much vitamin A can lead to hypervitaminosis A.
This is when the cat’s liver becomes stressed from too much vitamin A, which can cause some serious issues with your kitties, such as destroying their red blood cells and causing damage to their nerves and even death in severe cases.
You may have also heard that apple cider vinegar is good for cats, but it is not recommended unless your veterinarian has prescribed it for something. A diluted solution of apple cider vinegar can be used to remove fleas from a cat’s skin and hair if you find that ticks or fleas are becoming an issue in your home.
Make sure you do your research when deciding to give your cat any supplements. The Internet can help you find out if a supplement is safe to give your cat, but another thing you can do is ask the people at your local pet store or even call your vet for their opinion on certain supplements.
What is the best homemade food for cats?
There are many recipes for homemade cat food. Learn more about the best ingredients to add to your cat’s diet that will keep them healthy and happy!
No matter what type of diet you’re planning on feeding your cats, you should always start with fresh meat. You can use the meats from other animals in most recipes as long as you add some seasoning and healthy vegetables to the food.
Get a veterinary checkup before starting your cat on a new diet, especially if they are currently eating commercial food. It’s recommended that you have them checked for parasites, like worms or fleas, as well as other illnesses or diseases.
Once this is done, you can start feeding them homemade food. If you’re going to cook for your cat, you shouldn’t prepare this in the same area you’re preparing food for yourself and other humans. Cats can have very sensitive stomachs, so keeping the two types of foods separated will help make sure they stay happy and healthy.
Make sure you let a new recipe cool down completely before serving. If the food is too hot when they eat it, your cat may burn their mouth and have an upset stomach. If you’ve ever cooked for a human child, then you know that they don’t like to be rushed while eating or else they won’t eat!
What to add to dry food for cats?
If your cat is eating dry food, you can sprinkle a small amount of water on the kibble. You only want to add enough water to make it moist so that they don’t choke.
Another way you can do this is to give them just enough water that their tongue will be able to lick up and swallow as they eat instead of having them drink a large amount of water.
Always make sure the food and their water bowl are cleaned after each meal. It’s also a good idea to give your fresh cat water (and more if they ask for it) throughout the day for better hydration.
The Bottom Line
The best approach to dry cat food is a varied and balanced diet. It’s also important to avoid feeding your cats too many treats, which can lead to obesity in both pets and humans!
Dry cat food is often a convenient choice for busy pet parents to meet their cat’s nutritional needs. A tasty and nutritious homemade dry cat food recipe with nearly no extra effort is an ideal meal to give your feline friend.
Whichever recipe you choose, remember to consult with your veterinarian before making any changes to your pet’s diet.
Thank you for reading!
What can I mix with dry cat food?
Tuna is a very popular ingredient to mix with dry cat food, adding flavor and a little something extra. You can also try these other ingredients: Eggs, Mixed vegetables, Peanut Butter, Peas, Ham, Banana
How much dry cat food should I give my pet?
A good rule of thumb is to feed your pet 1 cup of dry food in the morning and 1/2 cup in the evening. For kittens and pregnant cats, you should increase the food you give to 3-4 times the average daily amount.
What is the most popular dry cat food recipe?
Regarding dry cat food recipes, Tescos chicken was the most popular recipe in our survey.
Is homemade food better for cats?
Yes, it is better because it is more nutritious and has more protein than most commercial food.
How can I make dry cat food at home?
You can make dry cat food at home by following this recipe.
23 thoughts on “How To Make Recipe for Dry Cat Food: 8 Easy Steps to Make”