Many people don’t realize how easy it is to make homemade lickable cat food, and there are a ton of benefits to doing so. If you want to learn more about this topic, keep reading!
We all know that cats can be picky eaters, but did you know there is a whole range of cat foods available in stores? However, it is much more economical to make your cat food.
This recipe contains all-natural ingredients, is easy to prepare, and, best of all, you only need one pot instead of several bowls. Give this recipe a try today!
This blog post will show you how to prepare your lickable cat food and provide general tips on what ingredients are best for feeding cats. We hope this information helps you keep your kitties happy and healthy!
- 1 Homemade Lickable Cat Food Recipe
- 2 How To Make A Lickable Cat Treat?
- 3 The Benefit Of Homemade Lickable Cat Food
- 4 Homemade Lickable Cat Food is best for:
- 5 What Are The Best Lickable Treats For Cats?
- 6 What Are Some Other Uses For This Recipe?
- 7 How Long Does Lickable Cat Food Last?
- 8 Are Lickable Treats Healthy For Cats?
- 9 The Last Word
Homemade Lickable Cat Food Recipe
- 5 tablespoons of fish oil (or olive oil)
- 1 pound of chicken thighs or pork loin, boneless and skinless. I can also use chicken breast if preferred.
- 2 cups of water
- 2 large eggs
Plugin oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and preheat for about 10 minutes. Also, preheat your cooking pot to medium heat.
Pour the 2 cups of water into the cooking pot and place them in chicken thighs or pork loin (or if using chicken breast, you may place them whole).
Stir occasionally until boiling is reached. Once it starts to boil, reduce the temperature to medium-low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
While waiting on the water to boil, crack the eggs into a separate bowl and scramble them with a fork.
Also, open up your oil bottle and cut off the tip (it is recommended you keep the cap on it to make pouring easier). Add 5 tablespoons of fish oil or olive oil to the same container.
Once simmering is reached, remove chicken thighs or pork loin from the water and chop up with a fork or knife. If using chicken breast, cut them into small chunks.
Add in egg mixture, chopped chicken thighs or pork loin, and fish oil, and stir the pot regularly. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to your preference before serving. Also, some cats may prefer cold food, so you can place it in the refrigerator or freezer for about 20 minutes before serving.
Your cat’s dinner is now ready! Enjoy making this regularly so you never waste money on store-bought cat food again!
Hartz Delectables Bisque Lickable Wet Cat Treats for Adult & Senior Cats
- Cats love fish, so feel free to add more fish oil if preferred.
- You can also cook vegetables, chicken, or pork for your cats to munch on. Some suggested vegetables are broccoli, green beans, carrots, etc. Chop up some of your choosing, and then cook them with the remaining ingredients. Your cat will love munching on these tasty treats!
- Feel free to add some herbs and spices for better flavour (i.e., basil, oregano, parsley, etc.)
- Always check the expiration date on oil bottles before using them.
You May Like: Homemade Vegan Cat Food Recipes: Easy Steps For You
How To Make A Lickable Cat Treat?
- Wash your hands before making this to prevent any bacteria from spreading
- While waiting for the water to boil, crack open an egg and scramble it in a bowl (you should use gloves if you do not want cat hair on your hands)
- After chicken thighs or pork loin has simmered in water, remove them and chop them up into small chunks (make sure to wear gloves)
- Add in the fish oil and eggs, and mix well with a spoon
- Pour mixture into a dish and wait about 20 minutes before serving (optional, but it will make your food last longer). Your cat’s treat is now ready!
The Benefit Of Homemade Lickable Cat Food
If you’ve been reading up on cat food recently, you’ll know that store-bought cat food can be very bad for them.
It contains a lot of fillers and ingredients that are not as healthy as they should be. Making your lickable cat food will provide your cats with all the benefits of proper nutrition and natural ingredients!
Hartz Delectables Stew Lickable Wet Cat Treats
Homemade Lickable Cat Food is best for:
If feeding your cat lickable cat food, you can be sure that their weight will drastically decrease if they are overweight. All the ingredients in this recipe contain many nutrients and few calories, so you can feel comfortable knowing your cats will not gain weight from this meal!
If you notice your cat coughing up hairballs often, lickable cat food is the solution to this problem! Because of all the fiber added into this recipe, it will drastically help with hairball issues. Fiber helps push through your cat’s system and removes any loose fur stuck in its stomach.
This homemade treat can also help ease other issues, such as constipation and diarrhoea. It has many fibre components that will help your cat’s digestive system.
When you make all the ingredients yourself, it is incredibly cheap to make! Buying everything in bulk will bring the cost of this recipe down to about $0.15 a dish!
Working to bring you the best in health and nutrition, we hope this recipe will immensely benefit your cat’s life and provide them with all the nutrients they need to grow and stay healthy!
- 1 can of Tuna or Salmon (drained)
- 2 cups of Chicken Breast or Pork Loin Chunks
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 2 Eggs
- Oil (fish, olive, etc.)
Fruits and Vegetables. Some suggested fruits are blueberries, strawberries, or apples. You can grate the fruit into small pieces and mix it with all the other ingredients for your cat to enjoy.
Some suggested vegetables are broccoli, green beans, carrots, etc. Chop up some of your choosing, and then cook them with the rest of the ingredients. Your cat will love munching on these tasty treats!
Hartz Delectables Bisque Lickable Wet Cat Treats
- Scissors (optional but recommended to open the tuna can)
- Gloves (optional but recommended if you do not want cat hair on your hands)
- Mixing Bowl (to scramble the eggs)
What Are The Best Lickable Treats For Cats?
Cats are carnivores, meaning they eat meat-based diets. Cats’ best lickable treats are tuna, salmon, chicken, beef, or turkey. These types of foods will provide your cat with high-quality protein that is not only healthy but also delicious!
What Are Some Other Uses For This Recipe?
This recipe can be used as a treat for your cat, but it is also very useful as a supplement. If you do not want to feed your cat lickable treats every day, you can mix this recipe with their normal food, and they will be getting many of the benefits of these ingredients!
Hartz Delectables Squeeze Up Interactive Lickable Wet Cat Treats for Adult & Senior Cats
How Long Does Lickable Cat Food Last?
Lickable cat food lasts about a week in the fridge, so you can feed it to your cat whenever they need their next treat.
It will not go bad if left out, but it is recommended that after 20 minutes, any food left is thrown away or removed from the dish so no other animals can eat it.
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in a zip lock bag and keep them in the freezer until your next use.
Are Lickable Treats Healthy For Cats?
Lickable treats are very healthy for cats. Some cat owners use them to supplement their cat’s diet because it helps with hairballs, easier digestion, and weight loss.
You can also use this recipe as a treat or supplement to your cat’s daily food so they get all the benefits of high-quality meat and essential nutrients!
The Last Word
If you’re a cat owner who wants to give your kitty the best life possible, homemade lickable cat food might be right for you.
This recipe is made from only natural ingredients and still has all the nutrients cats need in their diet. You can even get creative with this one if your feline friend has allergies or dietary restrictions by substituting different ingredients!
If you want to know more about homemade lickable cat food, let me know in the comment below. I have a lot of information on this topic and am happy to answer any questions!