Homemade cat food to gain weight! In the modern world, where people can no longer afford to buy their cat’s expensive food, it will be necessary that cat owners to make homemade food for their pets.
This article will help you learn how to make your homemade cat food so that your feline friends have a healthy meal that they enjoy.
Table of Contents
Homemade Cat Food To Gain Weight
One of the best ways to make homemade cat food is to cook it yourself. In this way, you will have a chance to see how the ingredients of your cat’s food interact and what kind of effect they have on the final product.
This can help you better understand how and why some ingredients are good for your pet while others are not.
Making homemade cat food will also be very affordable since there is no need to buy all that expensive natural pet food out there today.
What Causes Cats To Lose Weight?
Food allergies will trigger a cat to lose weight. If your cat is allergic to the specific ingredients in their food, they will not gain weight.
Cats are also likely to lose weight if they suffer from digestive issues such as diarrhea and vomiting.
Bacterial infections can also cause your pet to lose weight, especially if their immune system is weak.
Cats that suffer from inflammatory bowel syndrome will normally suffer from loss of appetite, leading them to lose a lot of weight.
If your cat is suffering from other illnesses such as diabetes, you should know that they will not gain weight because of their condition.
Other reasons that can cause a cat to lose weight are their age and lack of exercise. As they get older, cats will have a slower metabolism which means that they won’t process food the same way as when they were younger. If your cat does not get enough exercise, it can also trigger weight loss.
Purina ONE Adult Healthy Metabolism Dry Cat Food & Ideal Weight Wet Cat Food
How To Make Your Cat Gain Weight?
You will also have to be conscious of how much food you are giving your pet at a time, as cats normally won’t eat too much of their food if they are not hungry.
There are some ways how you can make your cat gain weight. These are discussed below:
1. Change Your Cat’s Food
If your cat has a problem with food allergies, you will have to change its diet. Feed it a different kind of pet food made up of ingredients that are not similar to what it ate before.
2. Increase The Ration Of Water
If you notice that your cat is only drinking small amounts of water, you should increase the amount so that they can get enough fluid for their body to carry out normal functions.
3. Check For Signs Of Worms Or Illness
If your cat is suffering from vomiting, diarrhea, or vomiting blood, you should take it to the veterinary clinic to be checked on.
4. Increase The Amount Of Protein In Their Food
If your cat is having weight problems, you should make sure that the amount of protein in their food will be just right.
The higher the amount of protein that they are consuming, the more energy they have, and thus they will be able to gain weight.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein & Weight Control Dry Cat Food, Chicken
5. Feed Them The Right Amount
If you want your cat to gain weight, you have to make sure that they get more food per meal. It should also be easy for them to eat their food as some cats will be picky and won’t eat if they don’t like what is being served on their plate.
A lot of people think that cats do not need exercise. This is not true. Cats can get bored easily and if they don’t have something to do, they will go on a destructive rampage around the house.
If you want to make your cat gain weight, then you need to make sure that it is taking its daily walks so that it can exercise itself for the sake of its overall health.
7. Take It to the Vet
Make sure that you take your beloved cat to the Vet if it is losing weight too fast. If a cat loses too much weight, it will only be a matter of time before it dies.
It will take a lot of patience and care to ensure that your furry friend is gaining weight, but if you do everything right, it will work out in the end.
Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food, Adult, Perfect Weight for Healthy Weight & Weight Management, Chicken Recipe
Best 5 Homemade Cat Food To Gain Weight
Here, we have 5 homemade cat foods for weight gain:
1. Chicken And Nutritional Supplement
- 3 Large Chicken Breast (Boneless, skin and all)
- 8 cups of milk
- 4 Egg Yolk (Beaten)
- 2 ounces of Mackerel Oil(Freeze-dried)
1. Grease the pan to process your chicken using the oil. Allow it to cool down before you use it. This can be done by placing a plate on top of it and placing the tray into a microwave oven for 1 minute at a time until it cools down.
2. Place your chicken into the pan on the greased plate and heat for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
3. Heat the milk in a medium-size pot at a high temperature and allow it to cool down before you add the egg yolk and mix it well with the milk.
This can be done by using a wooden spoon if you don’t have an electric mixer that can be used as a whisker. Add this to your chicken while mixing well together in a bowl.
4. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 1- 2 hours and allow it to cool well.
5. After cooling, mix it well and add the mackerel oil. You can do this by placing the mixture into a food processor and adding the oil after allowing it to cool first for about 20 minutes. This will make sure that your cat will have a healthy weight gain.
6. Place in a plastic bag and freeze it for about 1 hour until it is frozen. Then finish by cutting the bag into large pieces to make it easier for your cat to eat.
2. Chicken and Rice
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 pounds of chicken breast (Cut into small pieces and mix well with rice)
1. Mix the rice with chicken as well as egg yolk. You can do this by using a wooden spoon or mixer if you have one.
2. Add it to your chicken and put it in the fridge for about 1-2 hours before serving it to your cat.
3. Your cat will love this homemade food recipe very much because it is delicious and healthy!
3. Fish and Eggs
Fish egg pack contains not just protein but also omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for your cat’s health and help them gain weight.
- 2 pcs. Fish Egg Pack
- 1 cup of fish oil
- 2 cups of crushed chicken/fish bones
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 cups of canola oil
1. Add all the above ingredients to a large bowl, mix well, and put it in the refrigerator overnight to let it harden.
2. Heat your cooking pan and pour 1 cup of oil.
3. Put the fish egg pack into the pan and let it fry until it becomes golden brown on both sides of the fish egg pack.
4. After frying, set it aside on a plate containing a paper towel to absorb excess oil if there are any.
5. Remove the egg pack from the pan and place it on a plate of paper towels.
6. After removing this, add 2 cups of canola oil and fry eggs.
7. Place it on a paper towel plate to absorb excess oil if there are any, and serve your cat.
4. Salmon and Yolk
- 3 Lbs of Salmon fillet (Sliced)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups fish oil
1. Layer the salmon fillet with egg yolk in a 9×13 pan.
2. Add fish oil and mix well.
3. Place it in the refrigerator overnight to allow it to harden. This can be done by placing it in a bowl and covering it with plastic wrap to absorb the moisture from the air if you live in a dry climate, of course!
4. Heat the frying pan at high temperature and pour 2 cups of oil into the pan once you cook the salmon fillet.
5. When the oil is hot, add the salmon fillet to the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides.
6. Finally, remove the Salmon fillet from your frying pan and place it on a plate or paper towel to absorb excess oil if there are any.
7. Cut it into pieces so that your cat will be able to eat it easily. This homemade food recipe is perfect for cats who love to eat fish!
5. Kitten Food (Raw Chicken And Salmon Recipe)
- 100gms raw chicken liver
- 100gms raw beef kidney
- cooked and boneless 2 tbsp.
- Salmon oil (Freeze-dried) 2 tbsps.
- Fish oil
- 2 cups water (or more for the puree)
- One whole raw egg plus the shell
1. Mix the beef and chicken liver with puree and water. Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well before serving it to your kitten.
2. Add the salmon oil, fish oil, and egg yolk to this food mixture, then stir well to ensure that all ingredients are mixed well together. You may choose to add more water so that you will be able to have better consistency with this food recipe for your cat.
3. You can also add a dash of salt in this dish or some other spices if you prefer having that as well.
4. The above ingredient mixture will feed 2 to 3 cats, depending on their weight. If they are very young and small, you may need to make the mixture more diluted to gain weight more quickly.
The Advantage Of Homemade Cat Food To Gain Weight
1. You can save a lot of money by making your cat food.
2. You can add more protein and iron to ensure that your cat’s diet is balanced and healthy.
3. You get to make it in the taste of your choice and enjoy eating it every day with no need for refrigeration or preservatives, which will save you time and effort for other things.
4. You can also enjoy watching your cat gorging himself on this homemade cat food because it is so good in taste.
Best Cat Food For Weight Gain
There are various kinds of cat food available in the market, but not all provide the cat with healthy weight gain. Some of the most common ingredients that cat food contains are:
- Fish/meat meal
- Rice or other grains
- Soy protein concentrate
- Meat/fish by-products
- Corn gluten meal
- Corn or other vegetable oils
- Animal fat (such as liver)
These are just some of the most common ingredients found in cat food, but the problem is finding a formula that does not use this ingredient for your cat’s weight gain.
Vitamins And Minerals
Another tip that you might want to consider is to provide your cat with vitamins and minerals that can help in weight gain. The most common vitamin and mineral source for a cat will be fish oil. Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids, which can help build healthy muscles and promote faster recovery.
The above homemade food recipes are just some of the many homemade food recipes that you can try out for your cat’s weight gain.
Homemade cat food for weight gain is one of the best ways to improve your cat’s health and vitality. If you are trying to find a weight gain formula for your cat, you will want to consult with your veterinarian as he/she will know what ingredients to use in this formula and how much of each ingredient is required.
Can You Make Homemade Cat Food For Diabetic Cats?
Yes, you can certainly make homemade cat food for diabetic cats by reducing the number of carbohydrates contained in it. There are also other ways to choose to treat your diabetic cat by using special dietary formulas. You may want to consult with your veterinarian before choosing a diet regimen for your cat.
What Is The Best Food To Make For Cats With Weight Issues?
Bok Choy, also known as Chinese Cabbage and Pak Choi, has become one of the most popular vegetables in the US. Many people love this vegetable because of its versatility and ability to enhance the flavors of other foods. If you wonder what kind of food to make for your cat to reduce weight, Bok Choy would be a good idea. It contains vital vitamins and minerals that your cat needs for weight loss.
How Much Is Fat In Cat Food?
It is possible to determine how much fat is in your cat’s food by reading the label. There are several types of fat that you will see on the label, namely:
1. Total fat – this includes saturated, trans, and unsaturated
2. Saturated fat – this type of fat is from animal sources and is known to increase bad cholesterol levels
3. Trans fat – this type of fat increases bad cholesterol levels and is becoming more prevalent in the food supply
4. Monounsaturated – this type of fat is a good source of unsaturated fats and has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease
5. Polyunsaturated fats – this type of fat contains no trans fatty acids and is linked to reduced risk of heart disease
6. Hydrogenated fat – this is a type of fat that contains trans fatty acids and increases bad cholesterol levels
7. Saturated fat – this type of fat comes from plant sources and is best known to reduce heart disease risk
How To Feed Your Cat?
There are many different methods that you can use to feed your cat, but you can choose the ones that you feel will be easiest for you. In general, you will want to feed your cat 3 meals a day. You do not need to worry about what time of day you should feed your cat. It will be okay to feed them at night if you choose to do it.
Hi there! My name is Jackson; I am a cat lover. I specialize in writing about pet care & food. I have a wealth of knowledge on cat food niches and related subjects. I have worked in the pet industry for over 5 years and am passionate about helping cat owners provide the best care for their furry friends. With knowledge of cat food and nutrition, I aim to share their insights and help cat owners navigate the world of cat food niches. I enjoy playing with my two cats, reading, and exploring new cat food brands in my free time.
3 thoughts on “Homemade Cat Food To Gain Weight: Best 5 Homemade Cat Food For Weight Gain”