Hills metabolic canned cat food is a new and innovative can of cat food. It is developed by Hills pet foods which is a pioneer in pet nutrition science and manufacturing.
This canned cat food has completed more than two years of development after researching the most important vitamins and nutrients for domestic cats.
It is high in protein, low in carbohydrate, low fat, and minimizes phosphorus to reduce the potential risk of kidney problems. In general, metabolic canned cat food is complete and balanced nutrition.
Table of Contents
Description Of Hills Metabolic Canned Cat Food
Like the human obesity epidemic, over 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can cause a lot of repercussions. This problem is not unique to pet stores, and it’s also faced by vets and pet owners in the home.
This review on Hills metabolic cat food will help you determine if this product is right for your cat.
Hill’s nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet Metabolic clinical nutrition specially formulated to support your cat’s weight management. 88% of pets lost weight at home in 2 months when fed the nutrition of Metabolic.
What Are The Key Features Of Hills Metabolic Canned Cat Food?
Here are the best 7 key features of Hills metabolic canned cat food:
1. First of all, it has high-quality ingredients (chicken meat, rice, rice flour, etc.) to create great taste with more protein and provide more energy.
2. It also contains fiber (rice fiber) to improve intestinal health. And this food is formulated with 21% crude protein and 2% crude fat suitable for domestic cats aged from one year to seven years old.
Therefore, it won’t cause an increase in the level of phosphorus in the kidneys and balance the protein-fat ratio.
3. It is low in carbohydrates to reduce the risk of urinary tract disease, constipation, and diabetes. And it has less than 1% carbohydrates which are suitable for young cats who need a high energy supply.
4. It also contains some vitamins to prevent vitamin deficiency and improve overall health condition, including vitamin A (provitamin A), C, E, and B complex to provide nutritional support for eyes and teeth.
Hill’s Science Diet Canned Wet Cat Food
5. It also has chicken flavor in the egg yolk to enhance taste and aroma while reducing phosphorus levels.
6. It also has a low-odor impact because it is low fat and high in protein with no fish taste added, suitable for sensitive cats.
7. It is easy to serve because it can be used as snacks between meals for diabetic cats or to feed anorexic cats that live alone at home, with special feeding tips from veterinarians (please consult your veterinarian before feeding metabolic canned cat food).
|Primary Brand||Hill’s Prescription Diet|
|Primary Product Recommendation||Weight Management|
|Food Form||Wet Canned Food|
|Primary Flavor||Vegetable, Chicken & Tuna Stew|
|Days to Ship||Ships Within 2-5 Business Days|
|Weight||24 X 2.9 OZ|
|Breed Recommendation||All Breed Sizes|
Water, Pork Liver, Carrots, Tuna, Spinach, Wheat Gluten, Powdered Cellulose, Corn Starch, Rice, Flaxseed, Dried Tomato Pomace, Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor, Coconut Oil, Potassium Alginate, Titanium Dioxide Color, Calcium Chloride, Fish Oil, Chicken Fat, Dicalcium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Natural Flavor, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Disodium Phosphate, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, L-Carnitine, L-Lysine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), Beta-Carotene.
Hill’s Science Diet Wet Cat Food, Adult, Urinary & Hairball Control
|Protein||Min. 8.0 %|
|Fat||Min. 2.5 %|
|Crude Fiber||Max. 4.0 %|
|Carbohydrates||Min. 5.0 %|
Feed only Hill’s Prescription Diet Metabolic food for weight management.
Feed 1 can (2.9 oz.) per 3 lb. of body weight twice daily.
If fed without other foods, use the feeding chart below to determine the number of cans per day: Category Weight (lb. or kg.) Daily Intake (cans per day)
|Category Weight (lb. or kg.)||Daily Intake (cans per day)|
|26 lb. or less||10 Per 6 pounds · 4.4 kg|
|26-31 lb.||11 Per 7 pounds · 3 kg 2.4|
|31-35 lb||0 Per 8 pounds · 3.5 kg 1.3|
|35-42 lb||2 Per9 pounds · 3 kg 1|
|42 lb or more||3 Per 10 pounds · 4 kg 0.7|
Complete Feeding Guide
Utility or Maintenance 1-2 cans per day · 3.5 oz per day
Underweight (1) 1 can 2 times per day · 3.5 oz 2 times per day
Surplus – 1/2 can 2 times per day · 3.5 oz 2 times per day · With adequate energy intake and exercise, weight loss should occur naturally at 1 lb. per week if calorie consumption requirements are met. For cats, a body condition score of 4 is ideal.
Disease Management – 1 can per day · 3.5 oz per day for 2 months
Overweight (2) 1 can per day · 3.5 oz for 2 months, then · 1/2 can twice daily with adequate energy intake and exercise.
Weight loss should occur naturally after that. Appetite should be stimulated by feeding smaller amounts of moist food at least 3 times daily every 12 hours.
According to Petco Company data, it is 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Hills is confident that your pets will enjoy their food and guarantee 100% money back. If you are dissatisfied for any reason, return the unused part to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
Advantage Of Eating Hills Metabolic Canned Cat Food
1. Nutritionists and veterinarians to support your cat’s weight management: Hills metabolic canned food is formulated by Hill’s nutritionists and pet food experts to support your cat’s weight management.
2. Nutrition to help avoid weight regain after weight loss, plus includes powerful antioxidants to help support the immune system
3. Hills metabolic canned cat food is low fat, high in protein, and has no fishy odor added. It is ideal for sensitive cats with an extra chicken egg yolk taste to enhance taste and aroma with a lower phosphorus level.
4. Hill’s functional canned cat food is silky, tender, and delicious with a soft kibble (not crunchy) that appeals to most cats while helping to maintain a healthy weight.
5. It contains a synergistic blend of natural ingredients that works naturally with your cat’s unique metabolism to adjust its internal machinery so that your cat can be active, eat less and lose weight naturally.
6. It comes in a wide range of flavors (Tuna or Vegetable and Tuna Stew) to ensure your cat enjoys a variety of tasty treats and you enjoy peace of mind with every purchase.
7. Hill’s Prescription Diet Metabolic canned cat food has no preservatives, added colors or flavors, artificial flavors or ingredients, wheat gluten, fishy odor, and phosphate.
Hill’s Prescription Diet Metabolic Weight Management Wet Cat Food
Disadvantages Of Eating Hills Metabolic Canned Cat Food
1. Hill’s Prescription Diet Metabolic canned cat food may contain less protein than some other canned cat foods, but Hills believes that is the preservative-free flavor and tenderness would make up for it.
2. A few reviewers stated their cats did not like the texture of this product. It is all a personal preference, so request your vet’s opinion before feeding this formula if your cat has texture issues.
3. If your cat has a picky taste, you may need to play around with this food a little bit. They may not be used to the ingredients and can take some time to become accustomed to them. You might have better luck mixing this food with your previous brand or adding it during mealtime.
4. It is rich in fish oil, so it can take a few days for stools to normalize after switching from another food brand.
What Are Others Saying About Hills Metabolic Canned Cat Food?
This food has received a lot of positive reviews from consumers.
Below are a few:
“I have a cat that has been diagnosed with diabetes and has been losing weight. I was using another brand, but my vet suggested switching from a dry diet to a wet diet. That is when he recommended this product, and it has really made a difference in my cat’s weight.“
“My vet recommended Hills food for my cat who was suffering from diabetes, and this product helped my cat put on weight without changing any of his medication. My cat loves the smell of the food, and it keeps him full for several hours after eating. I can tell the difference from when I switched from another brand.”
“My doctor said my cat was in the danger zone for diabetes. He recommended Hills food and vitamin k2. My vet mentioned this product could help my cat’s digestion because he has kidney disease and stomach acid problems. This has really made a difference in my cat’s weight management.“
Where To Buy Hills Metabolic Canned Cat Food?
You can buy this product from petco.com or Amazon.com.
You can also buy it by clicking on our link below.
(Note: If you want to buy Hills Metabolic Canned Cat Food, please click on this link to our Amazon store.)
I hope this Hills metabolic canned cat food review helps you. Please leave comments below if you have any questions or suggestions. I will be happy to answer them for you.
Is It Okay To Let My Cat Free-Feed On Hills Metabolic Canned Cat Food?
No. It would help if you did not allow your pet to free feed on a diet since the caloric density of food is high (i.e., high in calories, carbohydrates, and fat). Because of the high caloric density, a free-feeding diet can cause weight gain.
What If My Cat Needs More Energy Due To Have A Certain Disorder?
Hills metabolic canned cat food is formulated with 21% crude protein and 2% crude fat suitable for cats aged one year to seven years old. These diets are formulated with low-fat ingredients, further reducing the risk of any weight gain.
Is It Possible For A Cat To Have Diarrhea?
They will not have diarrhea if Hill’s metabolic canned cat food is fed. However, if a cat does not eat the canned food well, it may develop bad breath, loose feces, or constipation. This is because there is too much fiber in the diet. So please feed Hills metabolic canned cat food according to the feeding chart listed above and discuss with your veterinarian if your pet’s condition requires you to do so.
Are There Any Possible Side Effects When I Feed Hills Metabolic Canned Cat Food?
There are no known side effects and risks of toxicity associated with this diet. However, if your pet shows an allergic reaction, stop feeding and promptly contact your veterinarian.
Do I Need To Continue Feeding Hills Metabolic Canned Cat Food If My Pet Is No Longer Overweight?
To maintain a healthy body weight, you should continue feeding Hills metabolic canned cat food since it is formulated to help your pet achieve and maintain healthy body weight. We recommend switching your pet to a different Hill’s® Prescription Diet® product for normal weight maintenance.
Hi there! My name is Jackson; I am a cat lover. I specialize in writing about pet care & food. I have a wealth of knowledge on cat food niches and related subjects. I have worked in the pet industry for over 5 years and am passionate about helping cat owners provide the best care for their furry friends. With knowledge of cat food and nutrition, I aim to share their insights and help cat owners navigate the world of cat food niches. I enjoy playing with my two cats, reading, and exploring new cat food brands in my free time.
2 thoughts on “Hills Metabolic Canned Cat Food: Best 7 Key Feature”