High calorie cat food recipe is a low-cost way to help your aging, overweight, or inactive kitty lose weight.
Americans spend around $20 billion per year on their cats, and a quarter of that goes to food. With so many pet food options available these days, it can be hard to determine what is best for your cat.
Many pet owners assume that the higher the food quality, the better it will be for their pets. However, this is not always accurate; in fact, some high-quality pet foods contain a lot of fat and calories and may even be too rich for your pets.
Some pet food brands such as Science Diet, Nutro, and Iams are well known for their high-quality standards.
These brands are priced higher than other dog food brands but can be considered a more healthful alternative.
Many pet owners mistakenly believe that they must buy these brands to achieve the best nutrition for their pets.
However, these pet food brands are often very high in calories and fat content.
- 1 How To Make Own Recipe For High Calorie Cat?
- 2 How To Make High Calorie Cat Food?
- 3 Best 3 Homemade High Calorie Cat Food Recipe
- 3.1 #Recipe 1: Canned Pumpkin
- 3.2 #Recipe 2: Wellness Complete Wet Cat Food
- 3.3 #Recipe 3: Blue Buffalo Wilderness
- 3.4 Nutrition Fact
- 4 Home Care Tips For Cats
- 5 Conclusion
How To Make Own Recipe For High Calorie Cat?
There are many steps to creating your own cat food, but it is not as complicated as it sounds. This recipe is suitable for cats with a healthy body weight that is not overweight or inactive.
To determine the best foods for your cat, you must read the nutritional content of the brands he likes and follow his diet accordingly (you can always make adjustments to taste).
You will need
1. High-quality dried grass hay (about 6 lbs of it)
2. Chicken liver or beef liver (any amount your cat will eat)
3. Whiskas or any other brand cat food that your cat likes – purchase 3 bags at a time and freeze them for up to 6 months for quick access
4. Dry puffed rice (1 cup)
5. Dried chicken meat (about 2 cups, compared to the amount of dry puffed rice you choose)
6. Dry cat treats
It will cost about $15 for these ingredients, the same price as buying caterer-quality food.
You will notice that it looks similar to the high calorie cat food recipe, but there are a few differences in the ingredients used.
How To Make High Calorie Cat Food?
1. Choose the best chicken liver you can find so that your cats have the most nutritious and healthy food possible. If you cannot find good chicken liver, buy beef liver.
2. Cut up the chicken or beef liver into patties that are 2 inches in diameter, and place them in a glass baking dish with a cover; cover the dish with foil to promote faster cooking and keep out unwanted dust.
3. Add water to the baking dish and bring to a boil, then lower temperature and simmer for 25 to 40 minutes, depending on how much chicken liver your cats love. The meat should be cooked so that it is still tender and easy to chew, but not so much that they lose interest in it.
4. When the meat has finished cooking, remove from heat and allow it to sit for a few minutes before serving.
5. At this point, you have finished making your own cat food recipe.
6. Serve it to your cat in small portions, and if your cat is not that picky about the taste of chicken liver, you can serve him with a small amount of cooking oil or cooked chicken breast on the side.
If you add puffed rice to the meat and broth mixture when you make the chicken liver, they will be more easily eaten by your cats; otherwise, they may get stuck in their throat at first.
The water you boil the chicken liver meat in mustn’t be salted at all; this will cause the meat to taste salty, and they will not like it.
After making your own cat food recipe, serve to your cats in small portions. Many cats find this kind of food to be boring and not very tasty, so you must make sure to serve them only small amounts at a time.
Under the Weather Pet | Ready Cal for Cats & Dogs | High Calorie Nutritional Supplement for Weight Gain & Not Eating
Best 3 Homemade High Calorie Cat Food Recipe
There are many recipes for homemade high calorie cat food. Here are the top 3 recipes that you can make yourself:
#Recipe 1: Canned Pumpkin
The canned pumpkin is a good source of fiber and minerals, perfect for your cats. It gives them a lot of energy, so they don’t feel hungry all the time. You can add different vegetables such as carrots, peas and cut green onions when you prepare the canned pumpkin.
Ingredients: 3 cans of canned pumpkin (With the solids)
1. Add enough water to cover the vegetable and beans. Bring to a boil.
2. Add the vegetables and beans, reduce the heat to low.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes.
4. When done cooking, discard the water and drain off the vegetable and beans.
5. Pour into a food processor or blender and pulse until a pure consistency is reached.
Canned pumpkin has more nutritional value than fresh pumpkin. One cup of canned pumpkin contains 77 calories, 1 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate, and 0.2 g fat.
The calorie content of the homemade diet is very low. It contains 5.6 Kcal/100 g with high energy density.
The total calories in the homemade diet are distributed between carbohydrate, protein, and fat as 39.4%, 37.4%, and 23%, respectively.
Percentage of Carbohydrate content
The overall carbohydrate content of the diet is 31%. The major source of carbohydrates in this diet comes from canned pumpkin, which is used as a major ingredient (70%).
Miracle Vet High Calorie Weight Gainer for Dogs & Cats – 2,400 Calories
#Recipe 2: Wellness Complete Wet Cat Food
Wellness Complete wet cat food is a complete and balanced diet for adult cats. It is fortified with vitamins and minerals plus contains omega fatty acids from fish oil.
Ingredients: 3 servings of Wellness Complete wet cat food
1. Take 3 cans full of cat food, mix it well with water.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F.
3. Pour the mix into a glass casserole dish, put it in the oven for 15 minutes or until heat well through.
4. Remove the dish and let it cool, then refrigerate.
The calories in Wellness Complete wet cat food are calculated at 302 calories per can.
Calorie content: This diet contains a total of 302 calories.
The caloric content is evenly distributed between fat, protein, and carbohydrate.
#Recipe 3: Blue Buffalo Wilderness
When choosing a brand of cat food, it’s important to select a product that contains the ingredients your cat prefers.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness is one of the best brands on the market because it has all the essential ingredients your pet needs to be healthy and happy.
Ingredients: 3 bags of Blue Buffalo Wilderness dry cat food
1. Grate or finely dice just enough chicken during the golden hour (from 2 pm until 6 pm) to feed him for 3 days.
2. Add fresh food to repopulate the gut cleaned out.
3. Add a fountain drink mix to moisten the diet.
The calories in Blue Buffalo Wilderness scratched, or ground is calculated at 360 calories per pound of diet on average.
Calorie content: This diet contains a total of 360 calories per pound.
The caloric content is evenly distributed between carbohydrate and protein, and fat.
The homemade diet is more beneficial as it has a low energy density, 3.9 Kcal/ g, than the commercial food with 6.7 Kcal/ g.
Home Care Tips For Cats
Cats have the softest skin in the world, but it becomes dry and dull with age – therefore, cats need to be well cared for at every stage of their lives. The following are some simple home care tips that you can perform to keep your pet well maintained:
1. Always clean your cat’s face with a damp cloth after bathing.
2. On your cat’s birthday, buy them a toy or treat to add some excitement and novelty to their life!
3. Provide your cat with plenty of exercises for them to stay happy and healthy.
4. Add some pieces of furniture where your cat can go up and down safely without much effort.
5. If your cat has allergies, avoid using scented products and bath them with diluted vinegar.
6. Before putting on the clothes, make sure that it is dry because your cat will be able to sense the smell of water.
7. If you have a male cat, you will have to cut your cat’s hair frequently.
The following are some supplements that can be taken daily:
1. Take your cat’s food home-cooked to enrich the vitamins and minerals they receive from a homemade diet – use dried vegetables and fruits as treats!
2. To make sure that your cat is getting enough protein, you add it to their diet by sprinkling in fish oil capsules.
3. If your cat has problems with digestion, you can use a product like Forti-flora to improve its digestive system.
In conclusion, you can make your cat’s diet yourself. You can use canned pumpkin, Wellness Complete wet cat food, and Blue Buffalo Wilderness dry cat food.
If you want to buy affordable, high-quality cat food for your pet, you should consider getting Blue Buffalo Wilderness cat food from Amazon.com.
With Blue Buffalo, you can always expect to buy authentic ingredients, and the food is completely grain-free and delicious for your pet.